Monday, September 17, 2012

Valient Thorr - Total Universe Man




A buddy of mine mentioned them in passing to me so I blindly went out and picked up an album without any idea of what Valient Thorr was all about.  I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.  There is an old school feel to this music that is definitely influenced a little by metal and a little by punk.  I found them entertaining as a band with talented but you can tell they do not take themselves too seriously. 

Overall they are not going to blow you away but they are a fun band and, based off of this album, I will start going back through their catalog.

Solid Tracks:
 - Showdown
 - Man Behind the Curtain
 - Hijackers / We Believe in Science
 - Blow up the Pymramid
I could not find solid youtube studio clips for the last two but there are some live videos out there you can check out if you are into them

No comments:

Post a Comment