Sunday, February 3, 2013

Playlist of the Week

Inspired by our regular contributor, Frank, this is the start of a recurring post called playlist of the week.  We have not really defined the format yet (# of songs, inspiration, genre, etc..) so my contribution this week will simply be a playlist I put together to listen to at the gym that is inspired mostly by some of the newer music that I have picked up.  You may think its a strange collection of songs and I am a little off.  But if you have been reading this blog my odd music choices should be no surprise at this point:

Childish Gambino - We Ain't Them (Album: Royalty)
Clutch - Mercury (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - Profits of Doom (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - The Mob Goes Wild (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - Escape From the Prison Planet (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - Oregon (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - Subtle Hustle (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - Tight Like That (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - Texan Book of the Dead (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
Clutch - A Shogun Named Marcus (Album: Live in Flint, Michigan)
The Roots - Rock You (Album: Phrenology)
The Roots - Sacrifice (Album: Phrenology)
The Roots - Rolling with Heat (Album: Phrenology)
The Roots - Break you Off (Album: Phrenology)

Live albums always rejuvenatse my interest in songs I have loved for years.  Live in Flint did this but also elevated certain songs for me.  Clutch is one of those groups that always sounds better live.  Oregon is the hidden gem of Live in Flint.  However the whole thing is fantastic and I think spending time with this album would be a great use of an hour or two.

1 comment:

  1. Childish Gambino!!!! I'm still hooked on Champagne Champagne - big time.

    ReplyDelete